Thursday, April 29, 2010

La Sportiva Hi5 rock!

New snow is down and we are skiing in the NW again. Time to think about new ski may be?



Theworst reviews I have ever read in hard copy have been on an 7K meter down jacket, the Eddie Bauer Peak VX, reviewedas a cold weather bouldering jacket. And more recentlythe La Sportiva Hi 5 as an all mountain ski.



No doubt the writer in the Peak XV writes ot his experience level and customer base.



The more recent dismal review of the Hi5 as an "all mountain ski" I can't find a reason for that other than ignorance and being so lazy they couldn't make a turn on them in the back country.



I own a lot of skis these days. And I paid a premium for the La Sportiva's Hi5s by comparison.



This blog is a simple response for the poor bastard looking for decent HI5 info.



I love this ski. I used it in terrible conditions inside the areaand more in the back country. It skis every bit as good as my Stokes in similar terrain and conditions and may be a little better from my perspective. Both the Stoke and the Hi5 were NEVER intended to be all mountain resort skis although I use both there knowing theirlimitations inside the ski area. You don't need five buckles to drive them and they are actually cut for skins. The hole in the tip should have been a small indicationwhat the ski was designed for. Put them on you pack and you know why you bought them. For true "all mountain" touring they rock.



I like the Hi5 enough I am temped to buy either a longer pair or a shorter pair.



Do a search here for the Hi5. The info is at least real and you know who wrote it.







No comments:

Post a Comment