Saturday, December 13, 2014

Welcome to Cebu, Philippines!

Hello, just a quick post right now as it’s almost 2AM Sunday here in Cebu, Philippines (my body time clock needs major adjusting). Earlier my laptop was having a tantrum—it’s not picking up any Wi-Fi connection which is strange because it was working well in Spain last August and Ireland as well just last month, September. Techie Dutchman came to rescue this damsel’s laptop in distress, AND NOW I CAN POST! Hallelujah!
Our plane to Manila in Schiphol Amsterdam Airport: 12 hours non-stop flight. It was an uneventful flight and we only slept 3 hours before landing. Dutchman did ask about the person sitting beside me—if it’s male or female? Huh, lol.

On board I read Volkskrant, Telegraaf and FD (I know I can be boring). Japan is not in top form and it is leading the national debt position.

I also watched a few travel documentaries and listened in between to Blof, a cool Dutch band from Zeeland. As for food, let’s just say that its ‘airline food’ and not worthy for posting.

Manila approaching for landing! I have a video of the landing but I cannot seem to transfer videos from the camera to the laptop.

From the old NAIA airport we took the free shuttle bus to Terminal 2 for our Cebu leg. We are now on board here with PAL (Philippine Airlines) and waiting to taxi on the runway.




By the way, when will all foreign flights land on the new NAIA or Manila airport? The old NAIA or Manila Airport is really so embarrassing. When will the Philippine government realize that its international airport is a symbol of the country and is therefore a major, MAJOR investment?
Ah, we are now about to land in Cebu. I can see an islet with white sands...

We were starving so we quickly had lunch at Gerry’s Grill in Ayala before heading home. I miss the original Gerry’s Grill in Jupiter Street Makati, they used to serve really great food, now it’s just so ordinary. I also don’t quite like the sweet taste of the dishes. Maybe it’s just my taste buds? I told my mom that I would like my usual Cebuano welcome food for evening’s dinner at home.

Unpretentious Cebuano food: yummy grilled dried mini squid and guso (seaweed salad)! And I miss Chippy as well!

If you travel a lot, especially to different continents, this international plug adaptor/converter would be a necessity.




No comments:

Post a Comment