Monday, December 15, 2014

Simple Minds in Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

Strange enough the searing headache I carried the whole day today Friday only pestered me right after the Simple Minds concert featuring OMD (Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark), all eighties flick, last night. Precisely after the concert finished in Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam Arena my head throbbed. UGH. Was it was the noodles I ate? The red wine I drank? Or the two glasses of Heineken beer I had during the concert? Or maybe it could be the work stress added into all these. Hmm. Well, it’s not pleasant at all going to bed with a headache and waking up with it, moreover bringing it all the way to work the next day.

Anyways, I’m better now and I have uploaded a few of the fotos below. Dutchman took a number of one-minute footages, see below after the fotos. One of the things I am happy about is Dutchman and I are into the same music =)



During the thirty-minute short break after the OMD introduction. A few years ago Dutchman and I were also here for the Simple Minds concert and we were standing right by the stage. Last night we were by the bleachers, far but we had a great view, I think.





Simple Minds here in action with the play of lights. The show started at 8PM and we left the music hall 1130PM. The sound quality of Heineken Music Hall is really good... videos below!











OMD's once very very popular song -- 'Enola Gay'... ah, those were the days! OMD, New Order, Depeche Mode, they began the new era of music, the synthesizers rage that has now morphed into techno, trance and house music.











Simple Minds' -- 'Don't You Forget About Me', another big hit back then in the eighties. This song just never dies, classic.











Another of Simple Minds' - 'New Gold Dream', a fast number and love the show of lights here, this is the end part.



The concert was sold out, didn't realize there are still many Simple Minds fans out there. Did you know that back in the eighties they were neck and neck with U2? In the hallways of the music hall I was squeezing my little self between giant Dutch people. Why is it that every time I am only seeing shoulders!? Answer: I am too short in this country; I swear I never felt like a midget anywhere else except here. Glad I am not one of those claustrophobic types or else I will totally freak out.

Jim Kerr is getting older, and well, heavier too. He didn’t dare take out his jacket during the whole show even if it was blazing hot on stage whilst sweating like he just did a hundred kilometer run. I bet he is hiding something inside his clothes, which many of us can relate, lol. And Andy McCluskey, oh dear his wacky dancing on the stage brought me back to the eighties! I’m so so old ha-ha.

It’s also interesting to notice that the audience is older, from late thirties to fifties. There was a group of dark looking guys smoking as if its the most normal thing to do. Argh, I was so tempted to go down the bleachers and give them a lecture. Asociale mensen. This type of behaviour, the total neglect of other people and the rules really irks me to bits. The music hall is no smoking alright.

All in all, the concert was nice except the searing headache after.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment