Monday, October 5, 2015

Shoot! Score! Patagonia!






Patagonia Knifeblade pullover and the PatagoniaAlpine Guide pant.






The original Knifeblade pullover was made from Polartec® Power Shield PRO®. The Alpine Guide pants are made from Polartec® Power Shield®. Great pants for dh skiing.Love them! My current favorite down hill skiing pant. But not as water resistant/proof as the Power Shield PRO® fabric. The pull over Knifeblade top is one of my all time favorite climbing shells. Good warm weather ski shell as well.



If the video linked below is correct the newest Knifeblade jacket and pants are both unlined Polartec® Power Shield PRO®. Even better I think for skiing or nasty, wetweather climbing. Undecided yet on the climbing end. Not because of thePower Shield PRO® fabricmind you. It is amazing. The cuff design is what worries me. Although the insulated Northwall pants of Polartec® Power Shield PRO® have been good in really cold, wet weather for skiing. Too much faff in the cuff for me as a climbing pant. Too bad as the insulatedmaterial is perfect for cold weather climbing I think.



Certainly a good alternative to the few Neoshell options available. Very happy to see someone take advantage of the fabric is the right context and now in an insulated (if you can still find them as the NW pant/jacket has been discontinued) and uninsulated version.



The entire line of Patagonia alpine climbing clothing has take a huge step forward in materials and patterns the last two seasons. These two look to bump the bar higher yet. Bravo!



Not been a huge fan of Patagonia in the recent past. Had been a fan a few decades ago and they are back going gangbusters with their newest alpine clothing. It may not be the best in every category. But as a long time Arcteryx fan it took a lot to bring me back and get me into Patagonia clothing. And Patagonia hasindeed done very well across the board in the Alpine line from what I own and have used..






Patagonia Mixed Guide Hoody




Colin Haley's recent comments:




http://www.thecleanestline.com/colin-haley/




"My motivation is simple and selfish. Often the very best Patagonia alpine products are discontinued after only one year on the market because they don't sell well enough. This is why some pieces which are now a cherished staple, such as the RI Hoody, were once discontinued."




I have more Patagonia in my gear closet currently that is being used than any other brand by a fair margin. That says a lot to me.


The pieces I really like for anything from down hill skiing to backcountry skiing and ice/alpine climbing. Mix and match as required. It is quite a collection for the intended purposes. And I haven't used everything available just what is listed here.



Capilene 2

Micro D pullover

R1 hoody

Piton hoody

Nano Puff pullover

Knife blade pull over

Mixed Guide hoody

Mixed Guide pant

Alpine Guide Pant

Northwall Jacket

NorthWall Pant



(edit: I had incorrectly listed the pant I really like and use as a lot, as the BC Guide Pant. When in fact I have been skiing all winter in the Alpine Guide pant.... Sorry about the confusion and I have edited the original content to reflect the reality of the Alpine Guideinstead of what I had only imagined I was using ;) Thanks for the clarification and corrections Travis!)



The Patagonia Simple Guide garments have to be one of the best clothing deals on the market for what we all do.



The newest Knifeblade garments here:











and another new one I think will be a big hit, the Nano Puff Hybrid.




No comments:

Post a Comment