Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brussels Art & Architecture

If you are a follower of this blog, you would know of my undying love for art & architecture. I am drawn to beautiful and ingeniously designed old buildings and I can stare at their characteristic details for a long time. When I am traveling, this is one of my highlights that I look forward to, however, the downside to this is my ever compulsive desire to take fotos =)

Here are some of my favorite Brussels art & architecture fotos and some more...

Brussels Grote Markt (Grand Place), the main town square is a UNESCO world heritage site. On left foto are the famous guild houses and on the right is the City Hall of Brussels dating back to the early 15th century and looking like a palace

Brussels Grote Markt (Grand Place): art, details, architecture.... Flemish-Italian style.

Brussels Grote Markt (Grand Place): view from a cafe terrace across the square, the impressive big building is the Broodhuis (translation: Breadhouse) that houses the City Museum as well. Right foto is a charming cafe terrace.

The 19th century St. Hubert gallery

At the Manneken Pis--this is the first time I have seen the little boy dressed.

Brussels architecture in Grote Markt (Grand Place)... signs in Brussels are both in French and Dutch.

Lovely bronze tile 'man and woman kissing' artwork on the street, and I love taking random fotos of people as well.

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment