Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bem Vindo Porto! Welcome Oporto!

What can I say? I have fallen in love with Porto (Oporto in English)! I could not believe I have waited this long to discover her. She is a gem.



Transavia direct flight, Amsterdam to Porto



So I arrived here Friday night after a 2-hour flight delay. There were technical problems, something to do with the sensors of the plane and they have to be replaced. Everyone was already strapped on their seats inside the aircraft when the pilot announced the bad news. We really had no choice but to sit tight, complain and get bored.





Here in the car, Dutchman sending me off to the airport.





Flight delay, we were trapped in the aircraft for almost 2 hours. No where else to go. What to do? I ordered red wine and did FB and read BBC on my iPhone. Everyone was doing the same thing, busy with their smartphones.



Porto brand spanking new airport







I did not checked in my bag but because the plane was full and I was one of the last to board, they had no more space for me. So they took my bag and told me I will get it at the baggage belt. Not like!







I took a cab from the airport to my hotel, quick and easy. I heard that the metro is cheaper but with the flight delay, I ran out of patience figuring out how to buy a ticket and the route. I just want to get to my hotel ASAP and go out and meet Porto!



Porto postcards



Here are a few Porto postcards for you...























Tomorrow I am off to the Douro River Valley and its charming vineyards and villages.



Visit Period: March

Destination: Porto (Grande Porto), Portugal


No comments:

Post a Comment