Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer blooms

Remember the Frost flowers from earlier in the year? This is how they look in the summer:


White crownbeard (Verbesina virginica).


Heal-all or Self-heal (Prunella vulgaris).


A thing that looks like Blackeyed Susan, but may actually be a type of Sunflower, but I'm not really sure.


Passionflower or Maypop (Passiflora incarnata).
The fruit is edible. I tried it once - it tastes like lemonade. Like a pomegranate though, it's somewhat difficult to eat.


Mimosa pods. For a horrible alien invasive they sure look nice. (And at least they stick to the edges.)

Some other very interesting flowers. Really, they're quite unique. Click to see what I mean. I can't decide whether I like the pitcher plant or the nautilus shell the best. If you happen to have several thousand extra dollars just lying around, you can surprise me. Oh and wouldn't a Venus flytrap be great in this series?!

No comments:

Post a Comment