Sunday, October 5, 2008

Running in Petrusse Valley, Luxemburg

I mentioned awhile back that I have stopped running because I hated this sport. I really do hate it but it seems that this is the only sport that I can do and tolerate in order to keep myself in shape. Plus you get some fresh air, which is a bonus. I am 42 years old and my metabolism has slowed down in the last 10 years and it has only become worse as I enter into serious middle age.





No makeup on. Just curious, would you wear make up when running?







I do watch what I eat, not religiously though and sometimes I cannot help but indulge. It helps that I am not a big meat eater and I am not into sweets, bread and baked goods. I love fruits and vegetables!



Anyway, I have since went back to running and I do this during the weekends. I am also alternating it with dancercise at home. It is a combination of dancing + exercising with music on headphones for proper concentration. These two types of physical activity are the only ones that I can endure. The gym is not for me really. I am too lazy to pack my stuff in a bag and go after work. Moreover, I don’t like the idea that I am sharing the place with strangers who are sweating the whole night.



So when I was in Luxembourg, I went running on a Sunday morning in the Petrusse Valley. I was not the only person who had the same idea but it wasn’t busy at all.



I took some pictures of course...

















One of these dogs came up to me while I was sitting on the bench. I almost screamed, lol. You never know if the dog will bite you. When I was a little girl, I was bitten by the doberman of our neighbour.





A walkway under the bridge.



If you are not into running, going for a walk here would be the next best thing to do, especially during the warmer months when the valley is rich in flora. A nice picnic would do as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment