Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What else has been going on

Some of these1



have been doing some of this,



while nearby, this2 was found:



Toothwort3 mania began in earnest.



We had visitors4.



This



gave way to this5.



There was also this6, which is not the same.



And neither is this7.



Some excavation8 was going on.



But was apparently not satisfactory.



Ahhh it's almost trillium time9.



Tiny snails were observed, and also something else10 that I'm still pondering.



-----

1Virginia Bluebells, Mertensia virginica
2See this earlier post if you're curious about the redrock fossils.
3Dentaria spp. Or is it all Cardamine now? I get confused.
4Canada Geese, Branta canadensis. I would say, "I know that you knew that already, I'm just trying to be consistent," but since there was a woman on a game show last night who did not know that the northern neighbor of the US is CANADA, for crying out loud, I'm not taking any chances.
5Hepatica or Liverleaf
6Rue Anemone, Thalictrum thalictroides
7Jacob's Ladder (Polemonium reptans) with Spring Beauty (Claytonia virginica) flower
8I'm guessing Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus), but I'm not sure.
9Trailing Trillium, Trillium decumbens
10Little groups of tiny, tiny rocks are held together and to the larger rock surface like glue. Is something alive in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment