Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Off to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Hi, I am off to Jordan in the Middle East and I am quite excited about this trip but I must admit I did feel a little bit apprehensive of the current unstable situation of the region. I booked this trip last December, before the uprising in Tunisia and Egypt and ever since I have been hooked to BBC World News everyday following the Middle East status quo. So far nothing on the news has convinced me to pull back.







From what I understand, Jordan is a secular, modern and advanced Arab nation. The King with the lovely wife is the boss, like Bahrain, it is a constitutional monarchy country. So far the protests were quite peaceful except for the clashes that happened in Amman last Friday but this is minor in comparison to its neighbours.



According to the Global Competitiveness Report, Jordan ranked 1st in the region in terms of police services reliability and 14th in the world. For prevention against organized crime, Jordan ranked 1st again in the region and 9th in the world. Quite impressive!



So yes, apart from the recent clash I did my research and do feel safe about this trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment